The Hollywood Reporter just released an Exclusive sneak peek photos of Jessica Sanchez on the Season 4 Finale of the hit comedy series Glee!
What. A. Performance!
Former Idol runner up Jessica Sanchez and multi-platinum recording artist Ne-Yo hit the stage to perform their new track “Tonight.” I am genuinely wishing for a tremendous success for Jessica Sanchez. Check out their high-powered performance!
You first heard the world premiere of the single and now here is the Official Music Video of Jessica Sanchez‘s debut single “Tonight,” featuring Ne-Yo. What do you guys think of her single? It’s definitely a dancey, up-tempo track and I hope the fans will support her all the way!
Here it is guys! RyanSeacrest.com has just premiered of Jessica Sanchez‘s debut single, “Tonight,” featuring R&B superstar Ne-Yo!
Sanchez, who rose to fame as runner-up to Phillip Phillips on Idol‘s past season 11, has been busy working on her debut album entitled Me, You & the Music which is set to drop soon.
Like “Tonight,” the album is reported to be upbeat and high-energy.
Be sure to catch Jessica’s performance on American Idol Thursday on Fox at 8/7c.
Click HERE for the WORLD PREMIERE: Jessica Sanchez Feat. Ne-Yo – “Tonight“
Two Powerhouse Pinoys! BEP’s apl.de.ap teams up with Idol Runner-Up Jessica Sanchez for a song called Jump In. I think this is also a SMART endorsement.
Jump In music video by apl.de.ap and Jessica Sanchez
Directed by Marc André Debruyne
Composer: Music (apl.de.ap and Marcus of Loudbox), Lyrics (apl.de.ap, Jimmo Garcia, Donna Dimayuga)
There you go Jessica Sanchez fans! It’s OFFICIAL! TV Line confirmed that American Idol alum Jessica Sanchez has officially signed on to be on Glee for a recurring role!
It’s a done deal: Jessica Sanchez, whose monster pipes and near-perfect pitch carried her all the way to a second-place finish on Season 11 of American Idol, has closed a deal to recur on Glee, TVLine has learned exclusively. There are no details on what role Glee executive producer Ryan Murphy might have in store for the 16-year-old California native or when she will first appear on screen. (Might she be the much-buzzed-about new love interest for Finn?!)
Wait, the buzz is that Jessica will play the role of a possible love interest for Finn? I do not think it is a good idea! I think this news will definitely excite not just Jessica’s fans, but also the Gleeks around the world! I for one is pretty stoked for this!
On Twitter, Glee creator Ryan Murphy recently tweeted:
Michael Ausiello broke news of Jessica Sanchez on Glee. With voices like Jessica, Lea, Naya, Melissa, Amber, and Jenna…Streisand episode?
Last Friday was tight! From my close friends’ wedding, we went straight to SMART Araneta Coliseum for the American Idol Live Tour! I was pretty excited for this, simply because of our own Pinoy Pride Jessica Sanchez! At the same time, I have high expectations for this batch because I got the privilege to witness the American Idol Live Tour last year with Scotty McCreery and the gang and the concert was staggering!
The last leg of the American Idol Live Tour 2012 was of course jam-packed (Sold-Out/SRO), full of wildly-enthusiastic, screaming and crazy Idol fans. Phillip Phillips, Jessica Sanchez, Joshua Ledet, Hollie Cavanagh, Skylar Laine, Colton Dixon, Elise Testone, Heejun Han, Deandre Brackensick and Erika Van Pelt performed some familiar Pop tunes, as well as their own signature songs performed on Idol. Here is the Set List of the concert, and some of my thoughts:
- Top 9 – “Sing” by My Chemical Romance (Minus Phil) [Pretty nice opening, the audience were so loud!]
- Deandre Brackensick – “Master Blaster” by Stevie Wonder [I was expecting him to sing something in his true falsetto form.]
- Skylar Laine and Hollie Cavanagh Duet– “Undo It” by Carrie Underwood [They were both great.]
- Erika Van Pelt – Glitter in the Air by Pink [Surprisingly Erika got a very loud cheer from the audience! She was really really great I must say.]
- Colton Dixon, Erika Van Pelt, Joshua Ledet, Hollie Cavanagh (Group Number)– Moves Like Jagger by Maroon 5 [Such an odd combination with an odd song choice.]
- Heejun Han – “Green Light” by John Legend [Filler. Bladder break.]
- Heejun Han, Deandre Brackensick and Jessica Sanchez (Group Number) – Party Rock by LMFAO [Another odd song choice. They all danced very awkwardly on stage.]
- BOYS – “Everybody Talks” by Neon Trees (Minus Phillip) [I started remembering last year’s Idol Concert. Last year’s counterpart for this was Animal by Neon Trees and the boys last year were so amazing and at the same time, you knew that they were just enjoying the pleasure of performing on stage. Casey Abrams was crazy on stage!]
- Elise Testone – Whole Lotta Love by Led Zepplin [Wow Elise was a showstopper! She did amazing! Crowd went wild!]
- Elise Testone with Erika Van Pelt and Deandre Brackensick Backup – Rumour Has It by Adele [Another great song for Elise! She did her thing! Another crowd favourite.]
- Colton Dixon – “Meant To Live” by Switchfoot [Of course the crowd was crazy CRAZY loud at this time. Not just cheers but SHRIEKS from the audience!]
- Colton Dixon – “Never Gone” (Original Song) [Nice song for Colton.]
- Colton Dixon – Piano Man by Billy Joel [Crowd were too loud at this time. I was thinking, ‘Wow Colton just got three solos.’]
- Top 9 – “Just The Way You Are”/”What Makes You Beautiful” by Billy Joel/One Direction (Minus Phillip) [Everyone was great. But it seems like they were just there, singing. Honestly they all looked tired.]
- Jessica Sanchez– Best Thing I Never Had by Beyonce [Here comes Jessica in her BB Chez form! I could barely hear her from all the cheers! But she was absolutely AMAZING!]
- Jessica Sanchez with Deandre Brackensick and Josh Ledet Backup – How Come You Don’t Call Me Any More by Alicia Keys [Another solid performance! She did SPECTACULAR on this one. I got my first Goosebumps of the night!]
- Jessica Sanchez with Deandre Brackensick and Josh Ledet Backup – Proud Mary by Ike and Tina Turner [BB Chez in the house! Crowd went WILD! That’s 3 for 3 for Jessica!]
[I was expecting her to sing some of her more popular songs from Idol like Stuttering, or I Will Always Love You, or And I Am Telling You. MAYBE the Concert Production team did not want to showcase her? Conspiracy? I don’t know.
- Skylar Laine – Gunpowder and Lead by Miranda Lambert [I was not expecting a great performance from Skylar. She delivered well.]
- Skylar Laine – Stay With Me by The Faces [A little FIRECRACKER!]
- Hollie Cavanagh with Elise Testone and Erika Van Pelt Backup – Rolling in the Deep by Adele [I think she was having trouble with her pitch, probably because she’s sick]
- Hollie Cavanagh – Give Your Heart a Break by Demi Lovato [She was solid. She did terrific.]
- Joshua Ledet with Elise Testone, Deandre Brakensick, Erika Van Pelt Backup– Runaway Baby by Bruno Mars [Here comes Mr. Ledet! He was so goooood.]
- Joshua Ledet – It’s a Man’s Man’s Man’s World [Clearly the best performance of the night.]
- Joshua Ledet and Jessica Sanchez Duet – I Knew You Were Waiting For Me by George Michael and Aretha Franklin [Crowd went crazy wild! They were both SO WONDERFUL! Another favourite performance.]
- Phillip Phillips – “Superstition” by Stevie Wonder [That was amazing! He was great on guitar! I could barely understand him from all the shrieks and cheers.]
- Phillip Phillips – Nice and Slow by Usher [In between he was mumbling something to the audience. I did not understand anything. He sounded groovy and cool.]
- Phillip Phillips and Elise Testone Duet – Somebody That I Used to Know by Goyte [Another crowd favourite.]
- Phillip Phillips with Jessica Sanchez (Duet/Backup) – Volcano by Damien Rice [Jessica looked like a ghost in the background.]
- Phillip Phillips with Top 9 Backup – Home [My favourite Phillips performance.]
- GIRLS – Raise Your Glass by Pink [Jessica clearly received the loudest cheers]
- BOYS – Girls eventually join in – Glad You Came by The Wanted [And so as Phillip. The audience wanted more.]
All in all, the concert was a blast. Everyone was so fantastic, but I think Jessica Sanchez and Joshua Ledet clearly stole the show! It only solidified my notion that they should have been the final two, with Jessica winning it all! The loudest cheers went to Sanchez (obviously), Ledet, Phillip Phillips, and Colton Dixon.
HOWEVER, I enjoyed the Idol concert last year MORE than this year, probably because of the song selections. But one important observation is that I felt like the Idols this year performed on stage, while the Idols last year (Scotty McCreery, Lauren Alaina, Haley Reinhart, James Durbin, Jacob Lusk, Casey Abrams, Paul McDonald, Stefano Langone, Pia Toscano, Naima Adedapo and Pinay Thia Megia) were more seasoned and they just enjoyed the whole concert. If you are going to compare Scotty last year and Phillip, Scotty commanded the stage more and presented a certain charm. Phillip Phillips appeared like he was drunk on stage.
I am always worried every time an Idol batch visits the Philippines for a concert, thinking that they would not appreciate our hospitability and our culture. But I am proud to say that the Filipino fans were really great in welcoming the Idols. In fact, the Idols were a pretty vocal about their appreciation via Twitter as they tweeted these just before they leave the Philippines and the whole Idol experience:
“Manila thank you for making our last show one we would never forget an welcoming us with so much love! We can’t thank you enough ❤ muchlove” and “Packing to head home. Had a amazing summer. Can’t believe its over. Thank you to all our fans! Now time to focus on the future.” – Hollie Cavanagh
“Manila!!! You guys came out strong for us tonight. Thank you. Mahal ko Kayo!” and “Flying back to LA tonight. Can’t believe it’s really over. This Idol journey has been the highlight of my adult life. I’ll always remember.” – Erika Van Pelt
“Will never forget the time we shared here in the Phillipines (: love you all! USA here we come” and “dol family we were the Def of Unity! I will never meet a group of people more talented than you! I love all of you and surly will miss you! It’s been so great working with you. We laughed together, cried together, gossiped together ! Heck we did everything together. You all are Gonna go so far and I love you from top to bottom (: -josh” – Joshua Ledet
“Manila was awesome! Hey i have a better news! Im coming back on october!!!” – Heejun Han
“I still can’t believe that was the last show. Gonna miss my idol family 😦 So much..” – Jessica Sanchez
“Going home today:) really enjoyed manila:) gonna miss the idol fam:(” – Deandre Brackensick
“We felt so welcome in Manila!! Thank you to our Loyal Philippino Fans!! I only wish I wasn’t sick for the last show- but it still rocked” – Elise Testone
“Just had a blast with my idol family at green hills mall in Manila. Love them so much.” and “about to board a plane to the USA! Excited to be home, but I’m gonna miss everyone so much. To my idol fam, i love you all and so proud.” – Colton Dixon
”Its been awesome meeting all the fans and support here in the Philippines. You all are amazing!” – Phillip Phillips
American Idol Runner Up and Pinoy Pride Jessica Sanchez visits Eat Bulaga! She gets to experience Jimmy Santos and Jose’s witty hilarity. This one’s pretty entertaining, and Jessica was able to sing a low-key version of And I Am Telling You with no other than Allan K!
The Idols are HERE!!! The American Idol 11 top 10 are in the Philippines for a concert at the SMART Araneta Coliseum on 21 September 2012. But before that, they were able to visit GMA Network for a series of TV guesting to promote their concert, as well as to just enjoy the Philippine culture. Here is the rundown of their guesting via GMA Network’s flagship newscast 24 Oras.
The Idols also had a chance to do a mall tour (Ayala Malls) to their screaming and crazy fans’ delight. Here’s a clip via SAKSI.